Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lights, Camera, Coco...

So a couple days I put in a order for in for some new equipment!  Lately I have been moving into the direction of controlling light with photography.  In my spare time I have been reading anything I can grab my hands on that deal with light.  How light travels and dissipates over time...  The thought of controlling it truly blows my mind, the idea seems so out there!!  But with the experience of being behind the lens, I now know it is possible to bend it and control it to your favor.

With that said, I basically got a full on lighting studio!  My new portable studio now includes two 48'' shoot through umbrellas, one 5 in 1 reflector, one 48'' soft box, and two canon 580 EX II flashes.  I was so excited about the new gear that I had shoot something.  So with no one home, my dog Coco was my only victim.  In both photos she is lit up by one soft box to the left and one canon 580 EX with a shot through umbrella to the right.  I love the way that the light shows nice soft shadows!  Well hopefully in time you will all get to see more from me and how I use light in many different ways.  Until next time, enjoy!!!

Here's Coco!!  
Shot with Canon 40D; 70-200mm f/2.8 IS
115 mm; ISO 1oo; f/ 2.8; 1/60

Photobucket

Shot with Canon 40D; 70-200mm f/ 2.8L IS
88 mm; ISO 100; f/ 2.8; 1/60

Photobucket

Labels

Hit Counter